The Gilmanton Land Trust is a non-profit organization which was created by a concerned group of residents for a variety of purposes related to preserving the beauty of our town for all to enjoy.
- Helping landowners to protect farms, forests, unusual wildlife habitat, scenic and recreational lands.
- Supporting the Town Conservation Commission in caring for town lands which are currently conserved.
- Educating citizens and landowners about conservation options and benefits.
- Supporting sustainable jobs and enterprises which rely on our natural lands and scenic beauty.
- Creating recreational opportunities for residents and visitors.
Our most visible project to date has been the preservation of several properties formerly owned by George Twigg. That project preserved the views of the Belknap range you see each time you drive over Frisky Hill on Route 107, the view to the north and east over Loon Pond to Mt. Kearsarge, and the hay fields and barn on Meetinghouse Road, along with frontage on Meetinghouse Pond.
Currently we have several other projects under consideration. We are very grateful to all those who have contributed to land conservation in this community thus far!